Friday, July 24, 2009


Whoo... week number two down and instead of feeling relieved, I actually think I am stressing more! I received and email from my cooperating teacher the other day and I think it just finally sank in that in a month I will be in the classroom observing and interacting with the kids. I feel like there is still so much I need to learn and that scares me. Don't get me wrong I am very excited. He told me that when I am ready he would like me to take over his Pre-Civil War American Lit class and that is exciting. A little scary because it has been a while since American Lit but I do know that I can teach Poe and that is awesome. Who wouldn't want to listen to a story where people get chopped up into little bite sized pieces and stuffed under the floor boards. I guess in the end the character does goes go insane do to the thump thump thumping of the imaginary heart, but sanity is just one of the many cost of being a serial killer--beggars can't be choosers. Well it helped to write about it, but I am still nervous hopefully some of these pre-school jitters will wear off between now and September, but my guess, if I am being truly honest with myself, is that they will only get worse.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the exquisite agony of anticipation... if memory serves, this was the major theme of 'The Pit and the Pendulum,' one of my favorites. Unlike Poe's hapless narrator, I imagine that you'll feel a lot better after making first contact with the class. Of course I may just be saying that to stifle my own jitters. You never know.

    Keep us posted, and take time to check out everyone else's blogs once school starts. That will surely be a busy day on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete